Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tree or Desert?

This scripture spoke to me and I wanted to share it because I feel so many of us are in those "dry desert" lands.

"Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength. Whose heart departs from the Lord. For he shall be like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see when good comes, but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land which is not inhabited. Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and whose hope is in the Lord for he shall be like a tree planted by the waters which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; but its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit." -Jeremiah 17:5-8

Being a stay-at-home mom as well as a mom who works is no different; you're still very busy and you feel like everything and everyone drains you completely. Men deal with this too but I think women more than men are very giving of themselves; which is not a bad thing; but when you pour out and pour out and pour out you can go dry really quick...unless you have a constant flow coming back into you. This scripture is a good warning of what could happen if I put my trust in my own strength and abilities or in that of others. And if I don't stay connected with God by being in prayer, meditating on the Word or trusting Him completely for everything. Without God I can pour out to others but at some point I will dry up like the desert and when the heat comes into my life I will wither away.
But I love the second part of this scripture that brings encouragement. If I stay connected to God and continue seeking Him, talking with Him and trusting Him fully in every part of my life; if I lean not on my strengths and abilities but on those of my Father I'll be like a tree whose roots go deep into the ground and get plenty of water supply from the river (Word of God) and I'll always bear good fruit and I especially love this part...when the drought comes I won't be anxious cause I know I've kept that intimacy with my Heavenly Daddy and He will always take care of me. Man, I've been in seasons of my life where I was out in the desert place and I poured out all I had to friends, family, my husband and my job. And it only left me dry and shriveled up cause I failed to stay connected to the source of life! But then I come into those seasons when I make the commitment to the Lord to stay connected to Him, to seek Him every day and lean on His strength and abilities and not my own. Then He gives me the ability to pour out and pour out and pour out and I remain full! And even now, in the midst of economic "drought" living on one income and raising two little girls; because my roots have stayed as close to the river (God) as possible; I do not fear...I am not anxious...and I can still pour out emotionally, spiritually and even financially to others as mush as the Lord asks me to. God is so good, and He meets all our needs according to His glorious riches!

Just a word of encouragement to anyone out there reading...Stay connected to the Life Giver, to the Heavenly Daddy who always takes care of His children. He knows your cry and just as a father comes running to his child when he hears that cry so does our Heavenly Father come running to our aid. He will push any mountain aside just to carry us on His shoulders. But the key is to be in constant communication with Him and truly Trust Him. You know the bible says in the book of Isaiah chapter 40 that God can hold all, not some but ALL the waters of the earth in the shallow part of His hand...that is a HUGE God! I don't know about you but I couldn't even hold 8oz of water in the palm of my hands let alone all the waters of the entire planet! Whatever season you're in, whatever obstacle you are facing, God is big enough that He not only sees it but He can handle it as well. There is nothing you can do in your own ability to fix, change or better your situation...you must Trust in God. He's the only one that can do it. Trust in Him and He'll put the SUPER on your Natural and the EXTRA on your Ordinary!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post....thank Lucy! ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete