Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

So Sad

I thought this would never happen to me, but now I see that I'm just a mom like all the others. The other day I went to Wal-Mart and had the girls with me. Jedidiah kept telling me "pee-pee" on the way there so I asked her to hold it till we got to the store. I parked, un-locked all the doors, opened the trunk to get the stroller out and set my keys in my trunk while I opened the large parachute...I mean stroller. Usually I throw my keys in the cup holder and go on about business but for some reason I forgot I laid them in the trunk and I closed the door. At that very moment all the doors locked...with the girls inside...and the car was off...and it was hot.
I quickly checked all the doors and none would open, then panic set in. I looked up and a guy was getting into his car so I yelled "Sir! Help me my kids are locked in the car!" A lady heard me and went over to a Fire Dept vehicle that was parked near by and had him come over. At this point Jedidiah is crying and saying "Pee-Pee" over and over. She doesn't understand why I'm not opening the door. Because I'm a little panicked my first thought was "does anybody have something to break my window with?" The fire dept worker called the Dept cause he didn't have anything to pop the lock with. So as we wait for them I try waving at Jedidiah from the window and play games. She's not having it! She's got to go pee so bad. I can see Sophia's little legs squirming around like she's crying or fussing and I'm so upset. The whole time I'm thinking just give me something to break the window, but the guy kept saying they'd be there soon and get them out.
So the fire truck shows up, lights and all, followed by a police car...lights and all! Six men jump out and surround the car and look into the windows...I guess to "asses" the situation but this freaked Jedidiah out! At this point she's trying to pull the seat belt apart and she's grabbing herself cause remember...she's gotta pee! They said "Ma'am, we're gonna get them out but if we cause damage to your vehicle we cannot be held responsible." "I don't care!" I told them, just get them out!
So they took their tools out and popped the door in less than a minute but even though they pressed the unlock button in my car the locks weren't working. So I jump in the car to the back seat to unlock the doors and get them out. Poor babies were hot and starting to sweat. They were in there for a total of 7 minutes without AC. I felt horrible. I have no idea how that even happened because I've left my keys in my car before and shut the door and it has never locked automatically. Needless to say, Jedidiah held her pee, Good Job I'm so proud of her! And I bought her ice cream and a little swimming pool cause I felt so bad. (I only went to Wal-Mart for contact solution)

I've heard so many stories of moms doing weird things because of the lack of brain cells. For example I know someone who locked their child inside the house while she was outside and on another occasion locked both of themselves outside in the middle of summer without being able to get a hold of anyone to let them in...I won't mention any names because she might be reading my blog and plus she's family :)

1 comment:

  1. I wonder who that was. I will mention both times that happened I was pregnant missy.

    ReplyDelete