Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Getting Fit and Staying Safe

Ok this photo is probably not what you were expecting to see. What in the world does this have to do with getting fit? Well, I started taking Krav Maga lessons. What in the world is Krav Maga? Ok so it's a hand-to-hand combat system developed in Israel and now used in the military. It's basically a self-defense training with a ton of exercise woven in. It's like self-defense and boot camp rolled into one. It's practical for today's time and it definitely kicks my butt! In class today I learned how to react if a gun was pointed at me...hence the picture. But along with the Krav Maga techniques the instructor threw in boxing. Wow, I'm so sore! Even with gloves my knuckles are red, bruised and sore. But what a great work out! So as my title says; I'm getting fit and I'm learning to be safe. I love it.
www.monsterxcamp.com


No comments:

Post a Comment