Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Long Day

Here I am at almost 10pm. Another night I promised myself I'd go to bed right after I put the girls to sleep and instead I'm doing other things. They've been in bed since 7:30 but I've always got something to accomplish before I can go to bed. Oh well. Today was exhausting, other days are too but today I was just so tired. I love being at home with my babies no doubt, but it can be hard. There are times I feel like my mind is vanishing and my nerves get so worked up that I confuse my kids and all I want to do is take just an hour nap. Today was a day like that.
I was getting the girls ready to leave the house and anytime I'm doing that I have to be prepared not to leave the house till an hour and a half later! So I was dressing Sophia and I stood her up to put her pants on and her legs just flopped back down. I stood her up again and she flopped down again. I stood her up and looked in her face and said "Sophia, stand up to put your pants on." Then I realized in that moment that duh...this is not Jedidiah, Sophia can't stand up yet. Oh my gosh!!! See this is what I'm talking about. It was only 10:30am and already my mind was twisted up! Then while we're out Jedidiah is misbehaving throwing fits and crying. I was going to take her to the park after my errands but decided to just go back home.
Things always seem better after nap time though. It's like everyone gets a clean slate and we start all over again. We went for a walk and Jedidiah walked Conan...or he walked her.
Here are some pictures from our day today...now I'm off to bed...unless I get side tracked by something else.



On our walk today Sophia decided to get real comfortable. She just wanted to "hang out"

And here's the front view...she's such a cutie! She loves going outside just like Jedidiah. Anytime they get cranky we just head outside and it tends to solve everything. If they could stay outside all day they would.

During our walk Jedidiah took care of Conan the entire way. She kept saying "stay...good boy...go, go...no Coco no" (She calls Conan Coco) It was cute cause you could tell Conan was so bored from walking at Jedidiah's pace...he's used to running all around so it was pretty boring for him. But he did good and followed her "commands" and he didn't take off with her holding the leash. He's a good dog and even though Jedidiah annoys him she also loves him very much.

This was after the walk. We came inside for a drink. Sophia was pulling Jedidiah's hair because Jedidiah had taken Sophia's cup away from her and started drinking her juice! (I don't blame her. Jedidiah takes everything away from Sophia) Here they are fighting...oh my, I can only imagine the years to come. I pray they seldom fight, but I know it's inevitable. Notice the look on their faces. Sophia is so intense and she's clearly staring her cup down cause she's mad. Jedidiah; even though she's getting her hair pulled, has a smirk on her face cause she knows she's annoying her sister!


No comments:

Post a Comment