Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Weaving

My life is but a weaving, between my God and me;
I do not chose the colors, He worketh steadily.
Often times He weaveth sorrow and I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper, and I the under side.
Not til the loom is silent and shuttles cease to fly
Will God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why,
The dark threads are as needful in the skillful Weaver's hand
As threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned.

–Anonymous

I love this poem. It's such a powerful reminder that though we walk through dark times in our lives we can know that God has a purpose for those times. In the end we will see a beautiful portrait that the Father has created with our life, and we will finally understand why those dark times were needed and why we couldn't just have a life of greatness all the time. This poem reminds me of James 1:2-4

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.


Today, if you are facing difficult times and the road seems dark ahead, know that God hasn't left you. He has a plan and a purpose. You may not understand now but one day He'll unroll the canvas and explain the reasons why. I challenge you to continue to trust Him even when you don't understand. Continue to follow faithfully even when you feel all faith is gone. And continue to hold on to His promise and hope even if it's by a single thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment